Ethereum Classic (CURRENCY:ETC) traded down 16.1% against the US dollar during the one day period ending at 2:00 AM E.T. on January 21st. Ethereum Classic has a market cap of $2.03 billion and $192.23 million worth of Ethereum Classic was traded on exchanges in the last day. During the last seven days, Ethereum Classic has traded down 36.3% against the US dollar. One Ethereum Classic coin can now be purchased for $20.39 or 0.00253669 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including ZB.COM, Tidex, Exmo and OKEx.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 12.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $8,069.03 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded down 13.6% against the dollar and now trades at $826.89 or 0.10285400 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 14.9% against the dollar and now trades at $1,085.89 or 0.13507000 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 14.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $144.96 or 0.01803110 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded down 16.6% against the dollar and now trades at $211.39 or 0.02629440 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded 32.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded down 16.3% against the dollar and now trades at $99.59 or 0.01238760 BTC.
- Nano (XRB) traded down 25.4% against the dollar and now trades at $11.94 or 0.00148536 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 15.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $333.94 or 0.04153840 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded down 16.5% against the dollar and now trades at $3.77 or 0.00046947 BTC.
About Ethereum Classic
Ethereum Classic (ETC) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Ethash hashing algorithm. It launched on July 30th, 2015. Ethereum Classic’s total supply is 99,623,688 coins. Ethereum Classic’s official website is www.ethereum.org. Ethereum Classic’s official Twitter account is @eth_classic and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Ethereum Classic is /r/EthereumClassic and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official message board for Ethereum Classic is forum.ethereum.org.
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum Classic is an attempt at keeping the Ethereum blockchain unaltered by the part of the community that opposed the hard fork and the return of The DAO funds. It started trading on Poloniex and is getting more and more traction. The Ethereum Classic mission statement is: “We believe in decentralized, censorship-resistant, permissionless blockchains. We believe in the original vision of Ethereum as a world computer you can’t shut down, running irreversible smart contracts. We believe in a strong separation of concerns, where system forks are only possible in order to correct actual platform bugs, not to bail out failed contracts and special interests. We believe in censorship-resistant platform that can be actually trusted – by anyone.” Our block explorer data: total coins supply, total network hash rate, last block number and total difficulty are freely provided by https://gastracker.io/ In 2017, the Die Hard fork was implemented in ETC, removing the Ethereum difficulty bomb. Currently, there are no plans to move to Proof of Stake like Ethereum, although developers at the IOHK institute are developing a new PoS protocol for Ethereum Classic. “
Buying and Selling Ethereum Classic
Ethereum Classic can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: YoBit, Coinsquare, Bitfinex, Liqui, Binance, Coinnest, Bithumb, EXX, COSS, Bitbank, BTC Markets, xBTCe, Huobi, ACX, Exmo, BtcTrade.im, TOPBTC, CoolCoin, BigONE, Allcoin, Korbit, Bit-Z, Gemini, QuadrigaCX, BTCTurk, Tidebit, Cryptopia, CEX.IO, Lbank, Poloniex, bitFlyer, Coinbene, Bitso, EtherDelta, Coinrail, HitBTC, CoinEgg, Upbit, GDAX, GOPAX, OKEx, BitGrail, Livecoin, Koineks, DSX, Bitinka, Coinut, Gatecoin, Independent Reserve, Mr. Exchange, WEX, CoinFalcon, Bitstamp, Kraken, ZB.COM, Cobinhood, Gatehub, CoinExchange, BX Thailand, BitBay, Gate.io, Bitcoin Indonesia, Qryptos, Kucoin, Mercatox, Tidex, Bancor Network, Quoine, Bittrex, Coinone, ChaoEX, RightBTC, Koinex and Bibox. It is not presently possible to buy Ethereum Classic directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Ethereum Classic must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Ethereum Classic using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Ratings for Ethereum Classic Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts’ ratings for Ethereum Classic and related companies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE daily email newsletter.